Processed Meat - Assistance
Deli Spices offers concentrated seasonings and seasoned ready packs to meet the Southern African meat and general food factories processed foods requirements. Our qualified food technologists and scientists are continuously researching and developing products to meet the various demands of the market place.
Our focus is on:
- New product concepts
- Reducing formulation costs
- Improving product stability
- After processing yield
Deli Spices boasts fully-equipped pilot plants and training facilities in Cape Town, Durban, and Johannesburg. Here our customers can run small-scale pilot batches on new developments before running factory trials.
Meat processing training is offered for customers’ staff, ensuring product consistency.
Our on-site services include:
- Innovative new product development for product application
- Product formulation or reformulations for yield and profitability improvement
- Meat replacement systems
- Providing supporting technical documentation for our products for compliance with customers’ Food Safety systems
- Label ingredient declarations to conform with SA food labeling legislation
Deli Spices is focused on innovative additives for the non-Halaal market. We supply:
- Brines for injection and tumbling applications
- Functional ingredients to reduce formulation costs for fresh, processed, dried and fermented meat products
- Functional fat extenders and replacers
- Solutions to improve moisture retention
- Meat protein replacement using functional animal proteins