SPINACH BURGER VETKOEK
YIELD: Makes 10
- ¼ cup Oil, for frying
- 10 Spinach Burger patties, made using Mom’s Choice™ Beef Burger R/P (03289010)
- 1¼ cup Steakhouse Marinade (07532040)
- 10 Vetkoek, cut in half
- 100 g Baby spinach
- 10 medium Tomatoes, sliced
- 1¼ cup 1000 Island Salad Dressing (07595040
- 30 g Egg-Free Dip R/P (06009010)
- ½ cup Water
- 1 medium Onion, cut into rings
- ½ tsp Fiesta BBQ Spice (04175010)
1. For the burgers: Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the burger patties for 3 - 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from pan and baste with Steakhouse Marinade. 2. Assemble the vetkoek by layering each vetkoek base with baby spinach, sliced tomato, 1000 Island Dressing, basted burger patty and onion rings*. Place the remaining vetkoek halves on top.
*1. For the onion rings: Whisk together the Egg-Free Dip R/P and water in a bowl until lump free. 2. Coat the onion rings in the egg-free dip mixture in batches to ensure even coating. 3. Place the coated onion rings into a fryer basket fully submerged in the oil. Do not stack the onion rings in the basket. Deep-fry in batches at 160˚C for ± 5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. 4. Place on paper towel to drain any excess oil. Season with Fiesta BBQ Spice.